[mythtv-users] OT: HD-3000 QAM working for anyone?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Aug 31 14:42:16 UTC 2005

I have gotten the HD3000 to work with QAM, via Comcast analog cable.
But, I used the V4L drivers. I don't have any HD content (yet) so I
didn't need that, and I had a hard time getting DVB to work.

If I try to split the signal between the HD3000 and a PVR-150 in the
same machine, then I can only get the low numbered channels (and poorly
at that), and the high numbered channels won't come in at all. This
happens if I just put the splitter on the line even if the second fork
of the splitter isn't connected to anything, and it also happens if I
just use the PVR-150 under Windows 2000, so that rules out a lot of
MythTV or driver problems. I never actually got both cards to work at
the same time; I kind of gave up when splitting the signal screwed
things up so badly. I've used them both individually at different times
(I've stuck with the PVR-150 to get hardware capturing).

I have wondered whether a signal amplifier might help. I'd really like
to use both cards. I've also thought about putting the HD3000 into the
new frontend I'm building and turning that into a slave backend too, but
it's only a Pundit-R with a Celeron CPU so I'm not sure it can handle
the software signal processing).

--Greg