[mythtv-users] channel frequency editing

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:26:54 UTC 2005

On 31/08/05, Ben Luey <lueyb at jilau1.colorado.edu> wrote:
> I've got MythTV up and running (thanks for the previous help) on fedora
> core 4 system with a bttv capture card. I live in the US and get NTSC
> through cable and use Zap2It to get my tv listings. Using MythTv (or
> tvtime) my channel frequencies are way off: channel 9 is 8, 60 is 57,
> etc (I believe this is a problem with my tuner card). I'm wondering what
> is the best way to deal with this. The channels are off by too much to
> use the fine-tuning option in Myth. (Also it is a pain -- go to
> mythtvsetup, change the fine tuning, close, open mythtvfrontend, check
> the tine tuning, repeat until good then go to next channel). Is there a
> simple way I can edit the frequency start and step between channels? Or
> at least manually enter a frequency for each channel?

I use phpMyAdmin.  You need to have a web server running on your myth
backend, then you access it through you a web browser, and edit the
channels table in the mysql database.

I believe you can also edit the channel settings through mythweb, but
I haven't tried that, so I'm not sure you'll be able to do what you
what.