[mythtv-users] channel frequency editing

Ben Luey lueyb at jilau1.colorado.edu
Wed Aug 31 04:45:18 UTC 2005

I've got MythTV up and running (thanks for the previous help) on fedora
core 4 system with a bttv capture card. I live in the US and get NTSC
through cable and use Zap2It to get my tv listings. Using MythTv (or
tvtime) my channel frequencies are way off: channel 9 is 8, 60 is 57,
etc (I believe this is a problem with my tuner card). I'm wondering what
is the best way to deal with this. The channels are off by too much to
use the fine-tuning option in Myth. (Also it is a pain -- go to
mythtvsetup, change the fine tuning, close, open mythtvfrontend, check
the tine tuning, repeat until good then go to next channel). Is there a
simple way I can edit the frequency start and step between channels? Or
at least manually enter a frequency for each channel?

Thanks,

Ben