[mythtv-users] Samba mount RW

Robyn Lundstrom rlundstrom.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:58:30 UTC 2005

Linux <-> Linux smb works fine for mythtv and everything else, once it's
setup right. I use v3.0.10 with a W2K3 AD controller and the Kerberos
plugins. One Logon to Rule Them All.
 Here's my fstab line:
 //bong/tv /tv/mythtv_recorded cifs rw,user=mythtv,password=mypassword 0 0
 That line is where the rw permissions for the share come from. Any other
changes need to be done to the fs on the server, not on the mounted smb
share.
 And my relevant smb.conf entries for the share:
 [tv]
comment = Mythtv files. No one else should need to touch this.
path = /raid0/shares/tv
write list = mythtv, rlundstrom
read only = No

The Global entries I use aren't really applicable to you because of the
aforementioned AD integration.
 I hope that helps a bit,
 Robyn