[mythtv-users] Radeon 8500LE & DVI

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Tue Aug 30 17:38:26 UTC 2005

So I've been searching the list and Google with no luck.  I've got my
second myth frontend setup in my movie room with:

ATI Radeon 8500LE
VGA to a cheap Monitor
DVI to a Panasonic Projector

As it is now, when in Xwindows, I can only get it to display on the
Monitor.  If I try to enable dual head using KDE's utility, everything
goes black and I have to switch to text mode and restart X.  However, in
text mode, the displays are mirrored fine.

I'm assuming I just need to do some tweaking in my xorg.conf, but I'm not
seeing anything in there about choosing outputs.  With the Nvidia I used
some "Twin View" options, just not sure what to do here.  I can post my
xorg.conf if it will help.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to just use DVI at 940x520, then swap to
Monitor only if needed.

Thanks!
Ben