[mythtv-users] lirc_serial - All working fine accept IR LED.

Deon Bredenhann deon1 at propellerheads.co.za
Tue Aug 30 06:52:19 UTC 2005

Hi guru's.

Don't know where else to try. The lirc list looks a little quite.

I'm enjoying my myth box so far, but just this one piece of the puzzle
is driving me insane. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

My setup

External IR LED on a db9 female connector
http://www.irtrans.de/en/shop/cable.php

If I reverse the pins on the serial connector I get a light, so this
means that there is power.

I have a Hauppauge PVR-350. And the remote is working perfectly. So
according to my understanding, I should be able to use the config to try
and send via the serial IR.

The problem I have is, when I try to send nothing happens on the IR LED.
Everything else seems to work perfectly. No errors at all. I have no
idea how to shoot this trouble any further. Is there anyone here with
any ideas of what I can try next.

Thanx a mil.

Here is some configs,

# dmesg
ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A

<-- begin modprobe.conf -->

alias char-major-61-0 lirc_i2c
alias char-major-61-1 lirc_serial
options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8

install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c
install lirc_serial setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none; /sbin/modprobe --
ignore-install lirc_serial

<-- end modprobe.conf -->

<-- begin rc.local -->

/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
/sbin/modprobe lirc_serial
/usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --output=/dev/lircd
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1 --
output=/dev/lircd1 --pidfile=/var/run/lircd1.pid

<-- end rc.local -->

irw
000000000000178d 00 Menu grayHauppauge
000000000000178d 01 Menu grayHauppauge
000000000000178d 02 Menu grayHauppauge

irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_START grayHauppauge Menu

/var/log/messages
Aug 29 22:03:16 myth lircd-0.7.1[4331]: accepted new client
on /dev/lircd1
Aug 29 22:03:17 myth lircd-0.7.1[4331]: removed client