[mythtv-users] XBOX Frontend question (actually a debian question!)

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Mon Aug 29 15:15:57 UTC 2005

At 11:02 AM 8/29/2005, you wrote:
>Jim,
>
>   I suspect as much, unfortunately I do not know enough about Linux to
>figure out where to put what. I have done a little digging, but may I
>ask if you have any advice as to where I can just toss an smbmount
>command? (I am also unclear as to whether I need to change the syntax
>to suit a certain scripting language or if I can just put in the
>command as-is)

Well, I run KnoppMyth which is a variation of Debian and I'm at work, not
home. The best thing to do is to look around in the how-tos for your
specific distribution, read the man pages and learn what you need to know
about it. it wouldn't be good to just take the advice of someone random off
the web without some understanding of what you're causing to happen. your
distribution initialization may be different. Generally there's a random
local startup script you can add it to, be it rc.local or miscutils.sh or
whatever and anything you can use at the command line will generally work.
you just need to figure out where in the sequence you need it to take
place. Obviously you can't access the network before it's initialized, for
example. While the software is free, there is a learning curve.