[mythtv-users] Converting to MPEG and/or buring to DVD - a guide?

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:27:07 UTC 2005

Sorry to trouble everyone, (round 2!)

 Thanks to all of your help I have got a wonderful MythTV setup
working which my wife and I absolutely adore. Just a few more little
bugs to sort out and everything will be perfect. I have been putting
it off, so I have decided to post these two messages in an attempt to
seek out the answers to the last few remaining bugs.

(2) Converting NUV to MPEG. Also, burning a DVD.

Now that I have these huge NUV files working perfectly on my backend,
I am looking for a way to turn them into MPEG's (or DIVX) to share to
my windows box (or with friends), and to make DVD's for the
non-computer using family.

I have looked around the menus, and i have waded through this mailing
list. Unfortunately there seems to be a numerous opinions on how to do
both of the above. I am wondering if anyone is maintaining, or is
aware of a "mythtv" guide to converting to mpeg, and a "mythtv" guide
to burning to DVD?

I my wrong in assuming that these two features will one day be a
simple menu option from within mythtv? Any sort of advice or place
where I can gather more info would be great.

Thank you!

sincerely,
David Bennett
davidbennett1979 at gmail.com