[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Sun Aug 28 14:36:03 UTC 2005

> It might be useful for you folks to know that the current SVN
> version of Myth supports transoding from MPEG2 to DVD
> compatible MPEG2 and honors the cutlist...

Yes, I know that there's somethin in the queue. Still:

 - transcode is an important word here - the mythburn scripts don't
decode/recode the original material so for those users that have
hardware encoders or DVB, they're potentialy both faster and higher
quality than a transcode process.

 - One of the reasons I got involved with mythburn was that I wanted to
get multiple-language DVB recordings to DVD without losing any of the
audio tracks. I had the impression that myth transcode could handle just
one audio stream - please tell me that I'm wrong there!

Most of the work in Mythburn takes care of creation of the DVD menu
system with thumbnails, animations, background images, menu music etc
etc. - this should stay useful regardless of the source for a DVD
comaptible video.

Thanks for the hint,

Martin