[mythtv-users] Logical Volume (LVM) - question

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 23:31:29 UTC 2005

I need some help mounting this logical volume. The LVM existed prior to
recent re-install of the OS, now I can't mount it? When doing the reinstall
I left the LVM partition alone and am guessing that's where the problem
lays. Does something need to be running in FC3 in order to recognize the the
system has a LVM?

[root at myth ~]# vgdisplay -v
Finding all volume groups
Finding volume group "VolGroup00"
--- Volume group ---
VG Name VolGroup00
System ID
Format lvm2
Metadata Areas 1
Metadata Sequence No 2
VG Access read/write
VG Status resizable
MAX LV 0
Cur LV 1
Open LV 0
Max PV 0
Cur PV 1
Act PV 1
VG Size 140.34 GB
PE Size 32.00 MB
Total PE 4491
Alloc PE / Size 4490 / 140.31 GB
Free PE / Size 1 / 32.00 MB
VG UUID MgtbZF-YwPz-QxTi-ZB4U-bPOV-jMBy-fzO4EI

--- Logical volume ---
LV Name /dev/VolGroup00/VGforMyth
VG Name VolGroup00
LV UUID wh17e4-mGEJ-FwMv-ESpY-7Oc2-kzTf-uEdhjZ
LV Write Access read/write
LV Status available
# open 0
LV Size 140.31 GB
Current LE 4490
Segments 1
Allocation inherit
Read ahead sectors 0
Block device 253:0

--- Physical volumes ---
PV Name /dev/hda5
PV UUID 8BiXq5-ZKdF-CJv8-qTlc-s4hI-WVz0-sb9sFj
PV Status allocatable
Total PE / Free PE 4491 / 1

[root at myth ~]# mount /dev/VolGroup00/VGforMyth /video
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
/dev/VolGroup00/VGforMyth,
or too many mounted file systems