[mythtv-users] OT: Mirroring a sql database

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 00:15:22 UTC 2005

Nathan Hesson wrote:

> This is sort of off topic but I like to watch shows that I have
> recorded on my windoze laptop, I tried booting a frontend off of
> knoppmyth but i get no audio.  anyway i use the dsmyth filters and it
> is able to grab the appropriate program info from the db and display
> it inside my smb mount.  My question is, does anyone know if it is
> possible to mirror a copy of a database without having to export and
> reimport everything.  I have mysql running on my laptop and it would
> be cool to be able to copy files (travelling) and just point the
> database elsewhere to get the program info.
> TIA

Mysql is just set of files ( /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg/* )

In *theory* and I've never tried this - you could use a "rsync for
windows" (http://optics.ph.unimelb.edu.au/help/rsync/)  to sync between
your myth box and your windows laptop.

I'm talking off-the-top of my head here and I might have the wrong end
of the stick in terms of what you are after

hth

Craig