[mythtv-users] Mythstream parsers - BBC

Neale Swinnerton mythtv-users.spam at isismanor.com
Fri Aug 26 09:35:43 UTC 2005

I'm confused on how to set this up in mythstream

I've added a row to the streams table...

folder = Test
name = Radio 2 Programs
url = http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/radio2/audiolist.shtml
handler = bbc_l1
description = Radio 2 Programs

This appears in the ui, and when I click on it, off it goes 'harvesting',
but it comes back with no results.

Looking at the output of

$ wget http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/radio2/audiolist.shtml $
./bbc_l1 audiolist.shtml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <items>
    <item>
      <name>Listen Live</name>
      <url>live.shtml</url>
      <handler>bbc_l2</handler>
    </item>
    <item>
      <name>Alex Lester</name>
      <url>aod.shtml?radio2/r2_lester</url>
      <handler>bbc_l2</handler>
    </item>

ie. the Url's are relative, so I assume that when they get passed to
bbc_l2 they don't find anything. By hardcoding a url prefix in bbc_l1 of

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/radio2/

to make the output of bbc_l1.pl look like this....

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items>
  <item>
    <name>Listen Live</name>
    <url>http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/radio2/live.shtml</url>
<handler>bbc_l2</handler>
  </item>
  <item>
    <name>Alex Lester</name>
   <url>http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/radio2/aod.shtml?radio2/r2_lester</url>
    <handler>bbc_l2</handler>
  </item>

Then It all works nicely, but obviously only for that stream. Do I really
need a version of bbc_l1.pl for each stream, with the hardcoded prefix ?

thanks

Neale.

> Greetings
>
> I've done a first cut at getting BBC programs (those other than live) to
list and play in Mythstream. Its a two stage process, where the stage 1
gets a frame from the bbcplayer and lists the shows available. This
script provides a handler hint for stage 2. Selecting a show gets a page
that contains a mass of javascript that is parsed for the url of the
.rpm file. This is processed in stage 2 where the contents of the .rpm
file (the actual rstp url) is extracted and returned.

> I've attached these, plus a list of stage 1 urls to go into stream.res
or the database. Don't forget that the handler for these should point to
bbc_l1.

> Only problems I've had so far is the Radio 4 says "no data received" but
getting the 1st page manually using wget and running it through the
stage 1 parser looks OK - and I can't seem to get hold of the rest of
the line after a </a> tag to get a description. That reflects my skill
with perl (i.e. non-existant!!)