[mythtv-users] TV Volume fine, Music volume very very low

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 07:41:14 UTC 2005

On 8/26/05, James Turner <turner at blackbear.com> wrote:
> I can hear and adjust my TV video fine (recorded or live), using ALSA.
> But when I play back MP3s, the sound is very very faint and
> non-responsive to volume adjustment with the remote.  Any hints?

What is the source of your TV (are you recording audio directly with a
capture/sound card, or using DVB/HDTV) Also, have you checked your
alsamixer settings whilst playing music and adjusting the sliders? I
assume you are using MythMusic (OSS) to play your MP3s - have you
tried using native ALSA players such as mplayer or xine to see whether
you get the same problem? It may just be one of your mixer's controls
is turned down too low for music.

Nick