[mythtv-users] LIRC: MythTV native support & other

Dr. C Mythology drcphd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 16:44:07 UTC 2005

Hello,
I just got lirc to work yesterday, but I have to problems.

First, it seems like my IR receiver is reacting to something else than
my remote. When running irrecord or irw I can clearly see that it
prints out button names or dots when I'm not touching the remote. Does
anyone know what's wrong here?

Second, I don't know how to make mythtv native lirc support work.
Here's an example on how my buttons have been set up:

/etc/lircd.conf:
    Power    0x000000000000002F
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc:
    prog: mythtv
    button: Power
    config: Key Escape CurrentWindow

Lircd is running, and mythfrontend gives me this:

LircClient warning: attempt to convert 'Key 4 CurrentWindow' to a key
sequence failed. Fix your key mappings.

Thanks for any help.