[mythtv-users] QT widgets and xine

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:18:28 UTC 2005

Hi,

I switched from mplayer to xine today (the current mplayer
vulnerability was just the impulse to finally take the time and do
it...), and playback works great - except for one minor annoyance:

After I played a DVD or a MythVideo file with xine, QT widget controls
won't accept focus anymore. E.g. I can't quit using Ctrl-Esc, because
wile the buttons are displayed, there's no way to set focus onto
either one. (Luckily Esc works to get me back to main menu.) The same
goes for any configuration screens: I can see the buttons and input
fields but can't access them. Anything that's in the skinnable part if
the UI or playback and editing works fine.

I searched the archives and found someone else had a similar problem
back in February - unfortunately nobody had an answer back then:

As a workaround, that person re-enabled access by going to the
Appearance screen - widgets would function normally after that. I also
found a way to re-enable the widgets: If I go to the screen with my
recordings and press D to delete one, I'll get the confirmation box
with - again - no way to focus either button. However, once I back out
of this box via Esc, all the widgets on all screens are functioning
normally again.

This is all on a Gentoo with mythtv 0.18.
qt is at 3.3.4-r2
WM is blackbox 0.65.0-r3

My xine commands are:

Video: xine -pfhq --no-splash %s

DVD: xine -pfhqd -no-splash
(I know the d-option is deprecated, but for some reason --auto-scan
dvd:// doesn't work for me...)

Does anyone have any idea what might the culprit here?

Thanks.

Jens