[mythtv-users] aaaaargh! NOTHING is working today!

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Thu Aug 25 13:39:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 13:58 +0200, Marius Schrecker wrote:
> Whatever I try today I get stuck! Now I'm finding it completely impossible
> to install the necessary QT3 libs using apt-get.

Qt etc in sid seems to be caught up in the midst of the C++ ABI
transition. If you are using mdz's packages then they are still built
against the previous ABI and won't be installable alongside the new one,
so you'll probably need to rebuild them yourself for the time being.

I don't use KDE so I've managed to get away with simply putting kdelibs
on hold for now, if you can track down the versions of stuff you need
(perhaps from etch) then you might get away with that also.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Iron Maiden - The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

Don't speak about Time, until you have spoken to him.