[mythtv-users] problems building projectx

Marius Schrecker masch at tiscali.no
Thu Aug 25 10:04:57 UTC 2005

Hi, whislt taking a break from failing to get lirc working I thought I'd
try my luck at projectx.

Having looked at various flavours of Java, I decided to try Blackdown v=1.4.2,
(mostly because it was the simplest to install).

Downloaded the projectx zipfile (ProjectX_Source_0.82.1.00.zip), and tried
to run build.sh.

The first thing that goes wrong is that I get this when I try to run the
script:

# ./build.sh
bash: ./build.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

/bin/bash is the correct path, I've also tried changing the first line to
!#bin/sh , which I know works in other scripts, I get a similar error using
this.

Running the individual lines of the script goes ok, but I'm getting this:

# javac -encoding "ISO-8859-1" -O -g:none -classpath lib/commons-net-1.3.0.jar:lib/jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar
-d build @sources.lst
src/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/audio/Audio.java:34: error while writing
net.sourceforge.dvb.projectx.audio.Audio: build/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/audio/Audio.class
(No such file or directory)
public class Audio
       ^
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
1 error

I guess this is because of using Blackdown.

running the same line using the -deprecation flag gives me this:

# javac -deprecation -encoding "ISO-8859-1" -O -g:none -classpath lib/commons-net-1.3.0.jar:lib/jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar
-d build @sources.lst
src/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/audio/Audio.java:34: error while writing
net.sourceforge.dvb.projectx.audio.Audio: build/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/audio/Audio.class
(No such file or directory)
public class Audio
       ^
src/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/xinput/ftp/XInputFileImpl.java:566: warning:
readLine() in java.io.DataInputStream has been deprecated
                return in.readLine();
                         ^
src/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/xinput/ftp/FtpChooser.java:157: warning:
setNextFocusableComponent(java.awt.Component) in javax.swing.JComponent
has been deprecated
                tfServer.setNextFocusableComponent(tfPort);
                        ^
src/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/xinput/ftp/FtpChooser.java:164: warning:
setNextFocusableComponent(java.awt.Component) in javax.swing.JComponent
has been deprecated
                tfPort.setNextFocusableComponent(tfUser);
                      ^
src/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/xinput/ftp/FtpChooser.java:170: warning:
setNextFocusableComponent(java.awt.Component) in javax.swing.JComponent
has been deprecated
                tfUser.setNextFocusableComponent(tfPassword);
                      ^
src/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/xinput/ftp/FtpChooser.java:175: warning:
setNextFocusableComponent(java.awt.Component) in javax.swing.JComponent
has been deprecated
                tfPassword.setNextFocusableComponent(tfDirectory);
                          ^
src/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/xinput/ftp/FtpChooser.java:181: warning:
setNextFocusableComponent(java.awt.Component) in javax.swing.JComponent
has been deprecated
                tfDirectory.setNextFocusableComponent(testButton);
                           ^
src/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/xinput/ftp/FtpChooser.java:187: warning:
setNextFocusableComponent(java.awt.Component) in javax.swing.JComponent
has been deprecated
                testButton.setNextFocusableComponent(okButton);
                          ^
src/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/xinput/ftp/FtpChooser.java:198: warning:
setNextFocusableComponent(java.awt.Component) in javax.swing.JComponent
has been deprecated
                okButton.setNextFocusableComponent(cancelButton);
                        ^
src/net/sourceforge/dvb/projectx/xinput/ftp/FtpChooser.java:202: warning:
setNextFocusableComponent(java.awt.Component) in javax.swing.JComponent
has been deprecated
                cancelButton.setNextFocusableComponent(tfServer);
                            ^
1 error
9 warnings

Thanks