[mythtv-users] Which Window Manager?

Brett Grice badluck_boy at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 25 07:06:42 UTC 2005

Personally I don't use a Window manager with mythtv,

When I started playing with mythtv I tried most of the
window mangers to see which performed best.

My order of preference after testing quite a lot of
different wm's with myth :-

1. No window Manager (Difficult to get working
properly but I find the most stable.)
2. fvwm2
3. MWM
3. ICEwm
4. Afterstep
5. Blackbox
5. Fluxbox
6. MetaCity
7. BADWm
8. Xfce
9. KDE
10.Gnome

On my play machine I have FVWM2. On my dev machines I
use MWM. End of the day I guess what's right for
you is very much a personal choice because there all
much of a muchness.

http://xwinman.org/ -- lots more information on Wm's

Hope that Helps

Brett.