[mythtv-users] Browsing Live TV Problem

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 06:33:17 UTC 2005

On 8/25/05, Martin Conway <martin.conway at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a DVICO DVB-T PLUS card with two inputs configured. I have free
> to air channels on the DVB input and the SVHS input connected to my
> Foxtel (satellite tv) set top box.
>
> I can schedule recordings on both inputs and they will record fine on
> both either individually or simultaneously, but I can't seem to browse
> Live TV and see channels from both inputs at once. Normally if I go to
> Live TV I only see the DVB channels and even if I use the program
> guide I can't force it to switch to one of the channels on the
> analogue inputs.
>
> In fact the only way I can watch Foxtel in Live TV is to schedule a
> recording to run on the DVB input. Then going to Live TV will show
> only the analogue inputs.
>
> I am fairly sure when I was first playing around with DVB I had this
> working so I could browse both at once, but I seem to have stuffed up
> a setting somewhere to break it.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If pressing C to change to the other input does not work, make sure
you do not have the option selected to avoid LiveTV clashing with
recordings (TV settings). I can only imagine this happening if there
are upcoming recordings close to the time you are trying to watch
programming on the input you are not able to access in LiveTV.

Nick