[mythtv-users] Which Window Manager?

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Wed Aug 24 21:41:17 UTC 2005

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> I use fluxbox.  Much lighter than KDE.  I think you can run twm even if
> you want or without a window manager too.

what focusing method do you use in fluxbox?  a lot of times, "popups"
(like when you hit the menu button on movies in the video library
manager) aren't focused, so i have to move my mouse around until i can
make it focused ... it's not even all the time, just intermittently ...
same with the shutdown yes/no screen ... power button (mapped to the
same thing that ESC is on my keyb) gets me out of the popup and
oftentimes if i go back into the popup, it's focused and everything
works fine :( ... running 0.18.1 on slackware-current ...

thx,
-g-