[mythtv-users] Re: Myth having problems communicating across master/slave backends

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 22:12:58 UTC 2005

On 8/23/05, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anybody have any ideas?  I know it's a long post, but I didn't
> want to leave out any pertinent info.

Are you sure you have the SBE configured correctly? I don't think it
should work on its own (without communicating with the SBE), as it
should be using the MBE Database to store/retrieve data. mysqld should
not be running on the SBE, nor should any capture cards be defined in
the SBE setup. This should all be done when the SBE has connected to
the MBE, and mythtvsetup is run on the MBE to add the capture cards
available on the SBE machine. The frontends should also be configured
to communicate with the MBE, which will internally communicate with
the SBE if required.

The official docs may be of some help:

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.3

Please forgive me if I have misunderstood any of your lengthy
description in your post. As long as both machines have been installed
with the same version of MythTV, the PROTO errors should clear.

Nick