[mythtv-users] 350 Tv Out vs. Nvidia 5200

mrwester mrwester at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 21:18:25 UTC 2005

> My FX5200 is terrible compared to my PVR 350. No contest. Maybe these
> people either:
>
> 1.) Have terrible TVs
> 2.) Use the DVI output on the FX5200?

One more data point:

I'm using the TV-out on my PVR-350 instead of the DVI on my FX5200.
No matter what I've done with the nvidia drivers, I can't get a CNN
ticker to play without stuttering, and I've not gotten past that to
even look at other artifacts that may be there...  The PVR-350= no
problems...   The menus are sharper with the FX5200 and, in theory as
my HD ready LCD TV has a DVI input, it should be superior.  In
addition, someday I'll probably move toward HD, so I'd like to see the
FX5200 work, but so far, I find the PVR-350 better for all around SD
performance.  System is a FE/BE Chaintech/AMD2900+ with a PVR-350 and
one PVR-500mce running MythTV on FC3.

Mike