[mythtv-users] Question on bttv parameters

Nes Yarug seng at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 22 22:42:47 UTC 2005

Hi all, first post here and building my first MythTV box (on Gentoo
Linux). Have a few questions, but I'll start with just one :)

In most of the documentation I have read, it states that you must
provide card number and tuner number as options to the bttv kernel module.

How do I know what my card/tuner type is?

I have a Hauppauge DVB-S card and figured that the card type must be
either 10 (bt878) or 4 (bt848), but I'm having trouble with the tuner
type. Someone out there who has the same card and can provide the
numbers? FWIW, lspci output is as follows:

0000:02:01.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
         Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH: Unknown device 000e
         Memory at fdcff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

Related question, if I would have 2 different cards in  my system, how
would I pass the different numbers to the bttv module?

Hope my questions are clear.
Regards,
NY