[mythtv-users] PVR 350, record from VCR

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 21:14:33 UTC 2005

On 8/21/05, Jesse D. Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 04:17 +0100, Nick wrote:

> > Jesse,
> >
> > >From Erik's reply to another thread, this might be exactly what you're after:
> >
> > http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/hardware1.asp#av_cable
> >
> > It would allow both devices to be hardwired separately to SVideo
> > inputs and the changing of the input can be controlled via software.
>
> Yeah, that's cool. But does MythTV really support this sort of thing?
>
> The input extender card and tuner0 (coax) are basically the same thing
> to MythTV: a different input. The only difference is the quality and
> the input name.
>
> How do I schedule a manual recording on an input that doesn't have
> a channel lineup associated with it?

Create a dummy source (perhaps one channel only) for that input and
then connect them together in mythtvsetup.

> The MythTV -> Manage Recordings -> Schedule Recordings -> Manual
> Schedule doesn't seem to have any concept of Inputs. It only cares
> about channels. So how do I make it record on an input that doesn't
> have any channels?

See above.

> Also, I've mapped the yellow button on my Hauppauge remote to the 'C'
> key so I can cycle through inputs while watching LiveTV. But since
> my tuner0 doesn't have a lineup associated with it, I can't change
> inputs to it. Pushing the yellow button just freezes the screen and
> shows me the same Input over and over.

AFAIUI, you need a working tuner source (i.e. tuneable channels) so
that MythTV can successfully tune to it. Also, the starting channel
for each of the inputs need to be an existing channel.

> Is there a way to fix this? If so, then that addon board would be
> perfect. Thanks!

Creating a dummy source and connecting it to the new SVideo connection
would seem the way to go.

Nick