[mythtv-users] Recommended GUI dimensions/setup to deal with
overscan @ 1920x1080i
Garth Benedict
shrkbait at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 20:56:12 UTC 2005
Any tips are obviously of help, thanks. I second the request to treat
overscan as the norm. Any actual help on this in the doc with a
couple recommended set of options would suffice.
Any chance you had the downside of severe pin-cushion on your 510?
That is something else I am dealing with with any input >NTSC. I
believe it to be
http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/pioneer/pincushioning.html
but I have been a little lazy and fearful getting someone to come in
and tinker with it.
Does your myth box have enough juice with the visualizations? Work around?
On 8/21/05, Joe Barnhart <joebarnhart at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
> --- Garth Benedict <shrkbait at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have not been able to find much documentation for resizing the
> > menus
> > to deal with overscan. Has anyone had good results with that at
> > 1920x1080i? I have seen one or two examples for NTSC. I cannot see
> > any checkboxes and normally cannot see parts of the bottom row of
> > buttons. I can deal with the overscan on TV/Videos, but the menu
> > system is rather hard. Appreciate any offerings.
> >
> > BTW:
> > Pioneer Elite 610HD, via VGA
> > FC3 using the atrpms
> > Asus A7N8X-D for video and audio.
>
> I have pretty much the same setup as you (PRO-510D w/VGA). Sadly, I'm
> away from home right now and I don't know how to read my setup via SSH
> (since it's on the X screens used to config myth). I can send a
> message to you when I'm back in front of my system next Saturday.
>
> It would be REALLY NICE if the person maintaining the setup screens
> would accomodate the fact that all TVs overscan, making the setup next
> to impossible when viewing on a TV. (Someday I will figure out how to
> create setup screens on my own and revamp them all, but I know nothing
> about Qt so this will take awhile.)
>
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list