[mythtv-users] Slightly OT - Controlling the CPU fan

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 15:37:59 UTC 2005

Is there any chance that you could post these rules?
I'm using an Athlon64 3200+, and the lowest that I can
get the CPU going is 1.8GHz (at least, that's what the
powernow-k8 module is reporting).  I'd love to slow
the thing down even further at idle.

I was experimenting with spinning down drives in my
chassis too (in addition to MythTV, I have a RAID-5
running in there), but unfortunately, SATA drives
don't seem to support spinning down via hdparm.

-- Joe

http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=Power+Management