[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 250 IR Remote Functional Everywhere but Mythtv

Calvin Garrison calvin.garrison at cox.net
Sun Aug 21 18:26:14 UTC 2005

Gentoo, KDE 3.4, Hauppauge 250, Myth .18, Grey remote with black back.

lirc compiled, modprobes lirc_i2c on boot and from the following dmesg excerpt
it looks like ivtv found what it needs:

lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
lirc_i2c: chip found @ 0x18 (Hauppauge IR)
ivtv: i2c attach [client=Hauppauge IR,ok]
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 10

The "irw" command can see signals from the remote.

/home/mythuser/.mythtv/lircrc appears correct.  KIRC sees a "grey hauppauge"
remote.  In KIRC any button pressed on the remote is correctly identified.

I just can't get that piped to the application Mythtv.  What did I miss?

--calvin