[mythtv-users] Re:Multiple Video Streams Out

David davideckhardt at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 23:23:39 UTC 2005

IMHO its never rude, especially if you're taking the time to respond.

You are correct, I am stretching the use of the word "streams" Here is my Goal.

I would like to output three different signals to a "Video Modulator" (Down the road, more likely via baluns over Cat5e to increase the quality).

In the video modulator scenario, I would then assign a different "unused" channel to each signal, and distribute it over the same RG6 that carries my cable TV signal.

I was hoping via bluetooth or seperate IR codes, I could control that particular channels/monitors MythTV "session".
ex. I could have a universal remote that
     Aux1 would control MythTV on Channel 1
     Aux2 would control MythTV on Channel 2 and
     Aux3 would control MythTV on Channel 3

I could then have any three TV's controlled and displaying different content depending on the Channel Chosen and the matching Aux selected on the remote.

There would be no "client" per se as one box is distributing all 3 signals.

Dave