[mythtv-users] PVR 350, record from VCR

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri Aug 19 15:09:21 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have a PVR 350. Normally it's primary input is SVideo from my Dish
reciever. However, I'd like to record some of my old VHS tapes to
disk via the tuner input so I can throw away the old tapes and preserve
their quality over time.

I know I can switch inputs on the 350 via 'C', but what is the best way
to go about recording a 2 hr VHS tape? Is this even possible from the
LiveTV interface?

Ultimately, I'd like these recorded tapes to show up under the video
section, but my CPU is way underpowered right now and I can't
decode mpeg in real time using software mplayer, so it would be better
for them to show up in the TV section for now (this way Myth will
make use of the 350's hardware decoder). But I'll need to label them
somehow and preferably put them all under a specific category/show.

Any ideas?

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin