[mythtv-users] Directv channel change script directv.pl

David Morris mythtv at morrisonthenet.com
Thu Aug 18 14:05:55 UTC 2005

Check your serial cable to the sat box?  If you just patched up a cheap
phone line as a serial cable or have a loosely cimped or soldered
connector, that could be your problem especially if the cable is run
near other cables and noisy components.  RS232 is very susceptible to
noise, which is why you should always uses shielded cable.  Dropping a
single character is often indicative of noise, but if it's always the
first character then it could be a timing issue, like the UART on one
end or the the other isn't quite initialized fully before the first
character is sent.

David