[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 13:43:51 UTC 2005

On 8/13/05, Martin Bene <martin.bene at icomedias.com> wrote:
> Another update for the mythburn scripts, no new features this time but
> major rewrite of configuration.
[...]
> Let me know why it doesn't work for you and how I broke your system :-)

I'm on Gentoo - config worked fine.

First Problem: The auto-detection of ProjectX. My ProjectX comes as a
jar that needs to be called from java. I'm sure I could have put
together a shell script that mimics the "projectx" executable the
script wants to see, but being a lazy guy, I just hard-coded the
correct command into the script...

DVD creation went well (escept for the flipped thumbnails, but I found
the flag for that), next snag I hit was my apache user not being
allowed to write DVDs. I'll fix that another  day - calling growisofs
manually to write out the DVD produced a fine looking result (except
for the thumbs, but that should be taken care of now).

As soon as I get the permissions issue sorted out, this will be my new
default way of burning DVDs from Myth. Thanks a lot for your effort!

Jens