[mythtv-users] convert nuv to vob

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 04:20:32 UTC 2005

On 8/16/05, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, your close except I need to know how the command is organized...
>
> I recall a link that was posted or a site that had some instructions
> on installing dvdauthor and mplex, then the command line that would
> run both? aargh...

Assuming you have the tools already installed, save the script into a
file (say makedvd.sh)

-------------------cut ----------------------
#!/bin/sh
mkfifo aud0
mkfifo vid0
mkfifo dvdmpg

mpeg2desc -a0 < $1 > aud0 &
mpeg2desc -v0 < $1 > vid0 &
mplex -f 8 -V -o dvdmpg aud0 vid0 &
dvdauthor -o $2 -f dvdmpg
dvdauthor -o $2 -T

rm aud0
rm vid0
rm dvdmpg

Make sure the file is marked as executable and then run:

./makedvd.sh /path_to/input.mpg /path_to/output.vob

and you *should* get a DVD file at the end of it. Replace
input/ouput/path for the actual filenames you have.

Nick