[mythtv-users] Trouble with ir blaster from myth, fine in a shell

James Ogle jogle at wetafx.co.nz
Thu Aug 18 00:12:16 UTC 2005

Nick wrote:

>On 8/17/05, James Ogle <jogle at wetafx.co.nz> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Last night I setup an IR blaster on my myth box (knoppmyth R5A16) using
>>this guide, http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4462
>>
>>I got to the point of making a channel_change.sh script which works
>>flawlessly on the command line. But when I put the change command into
>>the correct box in myth-setup (and reboot to make sure it's picked up by
>>mythbackend) It doesn't change the channels. The script has its
>>permissions opened right up and is executable
>>

>James,
>
>Please post your channel change script. It could be not using full
>pathnames to irsend or something similar in the script, so that it
>works from the script when run from the shell, but not from within
>MythTV.
>
>Nick

Nick,

I dont think thats the problem, This is the script I'm using, its
straight from the guide I used. Before I commented out the last line, I
would get an error that SELECT wasn't a valid code in the command line,
and the myth backend log would say that the script exited with error
code somethingorrather.

#!/bin/sh
STB_NAME=DCT2000
for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
  irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE $STB_NAME $digit
  sleep 0.4
done
#irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE $STB_NAME SELECT

I just had a thought that my channel setup might be wrong. The channel
setup window is very confusing with what goes where. I have the channel
number I want to change to external STB to in the Channel Number field
on the first page of channel setup. Should I also be putting it in the
Frequency box on the second page?

-James

--
                         -- jamesOgle -- models -- wetaDigital --
                                      -- ext4589 -- 04.3875769 --

  ==   Here in the Models Dept, we pride ourselves in the      ==
  ==   sweetasery of both our hand crafted digital models,     ==
  ==   and of our fine line of extreme sporting accessories.   ==