[mythtv-users] Re: Debian sarge stable

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Wed Aug 17 18:37:58 UTC 2005

<shadestalker at gmail.com> writes:

> On 8/15/05, Tony Lill <ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca> wrote:
>> I compiled it on my xbox, which is mostly woody, with a few sarge
>> development libraries. So it will definitely compile on sarge. Just
>> need someone with a more mainstream system to build the debs and make
>> them available as the new versions come out.
>
> Actually, since mdz has done such a fine job of providing debianized
> source packages (
> http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/dists/unstable/mythtv/ ), all
> you really should need to do is:

When I run

apt-get build-dep mythtv

it says

E: Build-dependencies for mythtv could not be satisfied.

And before you ask , I do have 'deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/
unstable main' in my source.list.

The problem is that one of the source deps is for xinerama-dev, which
does not exist in sarge. If you use

apt-cache showsrc mythtv

install the dependancies by hand and just ignore any that don't exist,
you can compile on sarge