[mythtv-users] New MythDora v1.4

Dan Wilga dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Wed Aug 17 15:21:05 UTC 2005

At 3:51 PM -0400 8/16/05, Dennis Hand wrote:
>The newest version of MythDora is out. It can be downloaded here
>http://g-ding.tv/?q=MythDora.
>And no Dora the Explorer puns please.....

It occurs to me that nowhere in your announcement message or on your
Web page do you actually say what MythDora *does*. Why should I
download it?

If your goal is to get as many people to use your program as
possible, the first place to start is to summarize what it is. Many
useful open source programs get lost in obscurity for the simple
reason that their authors assume everyone knows what it is.
Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"