[mythtv-users] Playing old bt8x8 recordings now I've upgraded to DVB and SPDIF sound

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:35:18 UTC 2005

I have some old recordings on my MythTV box that were from the days
when I had analogue bt8x8 cards with alsa sound coming out of the
on-board sound card.

Since then I've upgraded to DVB-T cards and SPDIF sound.

The problem I have now is that when I try to playback those old
recordings I get a message that says "Unable to set ALSA parameters"
and it asks whether I want to continue without sound or go back to the
menu. What do I need to do to be able to play these back with sound? I
guess I've changed the sound setup when I went to SPDIF but I don't
know what I need to do to make my setup support these old recordings.

And to make matters worse we've been saving these old recordings for
my Mother-in-law who came round tonight and they didn't work, so the
M-I-LAF is now very low :)(

Regards,
Phill