[mythtv-users] Pundit-R users: Any problems with MythMusic skipping audio (0.18.1)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 23:03:41 UTC 2005

Thought I post a message so that other Pundit-R users (and ATI IXP150
audio users) could state whether audio playback in MythMusic skips at
all when playing tracks. Another posted included this is his post a
few days back, and as I've had the same issue I thought I'd see if it
was just us, or a wider problem with this sound driver.

I'm running 0.18.1, with ALSA 1.0.8 at the moment. I know there were
some IXP150 fixes prior to this release. Everything else plays back
fine (using ALSA, inc Xine, with SPDIF output for everything. I tested
some 48kHz audio earlier ripped from a concert DVD and the skipping
still occured, so I think I've ruled out the possibility of the
44-48kHz conversion introducing problems.

If anyone else has these probs, please post details.

Cheers,
Nick