AW: [mythtv-users] convert nuv to vob

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue Aug 16 20:28:09 UTC 2005

 	Yes, I didn't mean to slight your recent work... I was trying to
put it into a "historical perspective."  The OP wanted to know how
everyone has been doing it... until recently, they haven't.  :)

 	I've been meaning to try the mythburn, but I haven't for the
following reasons:

- Non-obvious place to obtain the current code.  diffs from CVS? tarball
snapshots?  Forums only official documentation?
- No Knopmyth, apparently that's not too important anymore, though?
- It requires mythweb, which I do not have set up on my mythbox
- It appears to be set up to be on the main mythbox... I do my processing
offline on a machine with a real CPU, HD, and network access (at school).
I'm reluctant to run any sort of install script on my production mythbox.

 	I have no doubt that it works OK if you get it set up.  I haven't
waded through to try to make it go yet.  As I said, I'm reluctant to screw
with my production box.  I'm excited to see lossless MPEG2 cutting finally
coming around, though.

-Cory