[mythtv-users] Mythtv esd support - prelim patch / proof of concept
mpc at jts.homeip.net
Tue Aug 16 16:40:24 UTC 2005
I've bolted together some ESD support, and it appears to work to a
first-order on my setup.
The patch is based around the artsd support, and the libao2 ESD module
from mplayer's CVS. It's under GPL v2.
- Does output sound via ESD
- wall-clock based timing for buffer fill levels for sync estimation
- Attempted compensation for esd latency.
- General bodginess of the code
- Synchronisation issues
- Lack of buffer usage data in the ESD api
- Seems to need a -200ms delta on output on my setup.
- Small ESD buffer size means lots of work for the sound dispatch loop
- Sync issues after jumping forward/back
- No 'flush output' in ESD api
- Jump, pause, unpause usually fixes things
- Volume code appears to have a bad interaction with output and is
- Sometimes no sound when starting a playback.
- Restarting playback appears to fix it most times.
I've since reconfigured my setup so I don't need ESD any longer[*], but
I wanted to throw this patch out as a starting point for anyone to
continue to work on if it helps their situation.
[*] I'm using alsa's dmix setup for simultaneous output of multiple
sound streams instead of esd.
Mark Cooke <mpc at jts.homeip.net>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 12878 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20050816/85e4e963/2005_08_16_myth_esd.bin
More information about the mythtv-users