[mythtv-users] Status of auto-grabbing listings from DVB?

Neil Symington neilsym.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 12:12:51 UTC 2005

On 8/16/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes with a couple of 'tweaks'. You need to record in TS mode, and
> *not* wait for SEQ header. The way Myth deals with DVB has been
> changed since the 'old days' where you could convince Myth to record
> another video stream along with the radio audio by manipulating pids -
> now you just get very small files instead that only contain the audio.
> I record "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" this way.

This is interesting, I've been wanting to record radio for a while.
Did you have to add the channels to the database manually, or is there
a way to get the channel scanner to add audio-only channels? Also, do
you set up the recording schedules manually, or can you get radio
schedules through the EPG (or from tv_grab_uk_rt)?

Thanks.
Neil