[mythtv-users] Language on ripped dvd

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 03:51:42 UTC 2005

I am confused I was just doing some reading on transcode to see why the
developers chose it over mencoder and came across the flag that selects the
audio track to record. Below is an example of using transcode from the
command line:

transcode -i /space/tng-biggoodbye/vob/004 -w 4357,250,100 -a 1 -b 128,0,0
-s 3.311 -V -f 25 -B 12,10,8 -R 1 -x vob,null -o /dev/null -y xvidcvs,null

Next is a copy of the audio track that is being used:

-a 1 selects audio track number 1 (starting with 0).

Is it possible that it is just grabbing the wrong audio track? I am thinking
no because although Ryan you said that once you rip a movie you are stuck
with that audio track, when I run the vob file from the command line using
mplayer I can see where it has 3 audio tracks 0, 129, and 128. I am guessing
that it is choosing 129 b/c it is in front of the 128 and the -aid 128 flag
would fix this but it didn't. Any ideas I refuse to give up. I was able to
rip about 70% of my movie collection and I would love to get the rest
without having to do it by hand and if other people are having this problem
maybe we can narrow it down to help the developers on this. Are they doing
much work on this part of Myth? It seems kinda stable compared to other
parts. Thanks for all the help so far and anyone else chime in if you have
any ideas, at this point anything is helpful.

Allan