[mythtv-users] Max number of recording cards in one backend?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 00:57:44 UTC 2005

On 8/16/05, Robert Kulagowski <bob at smalltime.com> wrote:
> Using a D865G (6 PCI slots) and PVR-500's you could do 12 on the PCI
> bus.  Since I already have the D865G, if anyone wants to send me 6
> PVR-500's I'll let you know how it works in MythTV / ivtv.
>
> :)

Unless the ivtv driver has changed, I'm sure there is a limit of 8 or
9 devices imposed on the system, to stop it imploding under the weight
to DMA transfers (that may now not be a factor, but I recalled reading
something last year about it and thinking SWEET)

I also think a test sample of 1 system with 6 PVR-500s is far too
small, so feel free to send me some too, just in case it works ;-)

Nick