[mythtv-users] OT: Comcast Chicago changing channel lineup, SCI-FI moving to digital only

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Mon Aug 15 22:00:29 UTC 2005

> those B@$T at RD$!!!
> they DID move my beloved Sci-Fi channel.

I went to the local payment center to pickup a "digital self install
package" which consisted of a DCT2524.  Hooked it up to my regular TV to
get the initial configuration completed then connected it via composite
(it doesn't have SVideo) to my PVR150 card.  Added the lineup,
configured the card, etc.

Luckily, the "channel" program in the dct directory in contrib worked
fine, so I have serial-based channel changing instead of IR.

They also say that the upgraded package to digital classic will "only"
cost $5 for the first 6 months at which point it goes to $10.