[mythtv-users] Playing video with no sound :-((((

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 00:19:53 UTC 2005

On 8/15/05, Warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:
> Hi *
>
> I have no sound on SPDIF during playing Video files (DIVIX).
>
> What is working, whats no:
>
> 1. Analog output: ALL is OK (TV, DVD, MP3, Video)
>
> 2. SPDIF: (TV, DVD, MP3)=OK, Video=NoSound.
> I was trying MPLAYER & XINE - no difference.
>
> System is: KnoppMyth R5A16, EPIA10K, PVR250
>
> Where should I look for resolution of this problem

How are you telling Xine to use the SPDIF for output? How have you got
ALSA setup to change between analog and digital audio? I would suggest
looking at the following article
(http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo) and see if it helps
you at all. If you set the SPDIF as the default output device (like
you may have done) everything should play through it by default. If
your DivX files have audio that it not 48kHz, you will need to use an
.asoundrc file (see the link above) that uses the plug plugin to
resample audio to 48kHz that the SPDIF can use. I would also recommend
upgrading to the latest stable ALSA release.

HTH,
Nick