[mythtv-users] Custom Record Rules

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Aug 15 23:35:24 UTC 2005

hydrateordie at earthlink.net wrote:
> I was just wondering if there is a way to see the Custom Record Rules
> you have already set and edit them. I can't seem to find it.  Thanks.

1) In current SVN there is a widget at the top of the Custom Record
page, "Edit Rule:" to choose an existing rule. You can see the full
rule in the text box (Note to Robert: second time today I could have
used a HOWTO url ;-). You can make changes then click "Record" and
Save to update the existing rule. This did not exist in 18.x or earlier.

2) These are shown on the recording options page in the description
field when not referring to a specific showing. This happens on the
"Set Priorities" page. Find your title in the list then press "I"nfo.
However, the SQL may be cut off due to space. You can see these but
not edit them.

3) "mysql> select title,description from record where search=1\G"
To edit, you could "update record set description="<new SQL>" where
recordid=<number for the rule to change>;" at your own peril. This
is essentially how I did Power Search rules before Custom Record.

--  bjm