[mythtv-users] Language on ripped dvd

dan trevino dantrevino at wrevolution.org
Mon Aug 15 03:22:36 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 20:35 -0500, Allan Wilson wrote:
> Thanks for the link to the article to ripping manually. I am going to
> play with it to see if I can do it manually. Is anyone else having
> this problem or am I the only one? Since I am not finding that much
> about this problem I am leaning towards it being my system but I can't
> see where I have setup anything incorrectly. Thanks for the help.

I had the same problem ripping one dvd (Bride and Prejudice...dont ask).

Then tonight while watching (not ripping) Alexander from Myth, the 2nd
DVD automagically started playing with French language.  I was able to
drop out and manually 'mplayer dvd:// -alang en ...' and everything was
fine.  After the it was over, I checked the 'Import DVD' option, and the
default track shows up as 'en ac3 6ch', so I assume I woulda had the
same problem with that disc as well.

My default play command is: 'mplayer dvd:// -fs -ao alsa -vo xv'

dan