[mythtv-users] Channel Changing script for Hughs DirectTV

maillist at citadelsystems.net maillist at citadelsystems.net
Sun Aug 14 20:20:12 UTC 2005

Hello,

Since all of you are so helpful, I'd thought I would contribute back.

Attached is a perl script (based off of the Sony perl script) for HTL-HD
Hughs DirecTV receivers to change the channels. The script will turn the
receiver on and change the channel.

A little technical: The way channels are changed on this receiver is a
little funny. You send it half of the command string wait for it to say
OK then send the rest of the command.

I plan on cleaning up the code one day. But it is a usable hack and has
been in use for about 3 to 4 months now.

K Murphy
maillist at citadelsystems.net