[mythtv-users] NO DATA between 9:30PM and midnight?

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 18:53:06 UTC 2005

On 8/14/05, Anatoly Ivasyuk <aivasyuk at dtlink.com> wrote:
> I have MythTV 0.18.1 from atrpms installed on FC3 according to Jarod's
> guide, and I'm using Zap2It DataDirect for guide data.  Normally it gets
> about 13 or 14 days of complete data, but starting a couple weeks ago
> I've noticed that data on weekdays between 9:30PM and 12:00AM is showing
> NO DATA except for shows that began before 9:30PM.
>
> Fortunately it updates the current recording day and one day ahead when
> mythfilldatabase runs overnight, so the data fills in and the recording
> schedule updates, but this problem does mean that I can't see part of
> the evening schedule for much of the current and next week so I can't
> schedule ahead.  Is anyone else having this problem, and is there any
> way to fix it?

Anyone else?  Yes, I noticed  the same thing within the last two weeks.
What drew my attention to it was when I checked on upcoming recordings
and found quite a few shows missing.  (Letterman, Leno, Conan, and Craig)

It seems like Zap2IT has a very specific memory loss - Late Nite TV.

While I couldn't exactly "fix" it, I did change the parms on the
mythfilldatabase to update/refresh today (and tomorrow, I think),
and I changed the frequency of updates from three/four days to
one day.

I didn't like doing the latter step, because it puts more load on ZAP2IT.
On the other hand, ZAP2IT is the cause of the problem, so they get
their lumps.

If I were a consciencious person, the right thing to do would be to
revert back to the earlier mythfilldatabase settings, say in a month,
and see if the NO DATA problems recur.

--
MM