[mythtv-users] OT (again sorry) Home theater solutions

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 14:28:11 UTC 2005

On 8/14/05, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/13/05, Korey Fort <k.m.fort at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Check out http://www.howstuffworks.com search for surround sound or
> speakers you could also check out www.audioasylum.com
> >

> > ________________________________
>

>  Thanks, I actually read howstuffworks, and realized it still wasn't
> answering the questions I needed answered.  I'm trying to figure out things
> like, how do you know whether the speakers you have can be powered by a
> given receiver, and what wires can be spliced with other wires (like running
> RCA audio/video through walls and such).  Also, how do you get good sound
> going from computer to receiver, ie what's the best input/output solution?
>
>  Thank you for the help though, I'll give that second link a shot, it may
> have more answers along the lines I'm looking for.

Another useful link would be to systm.org. Episode 3 (latest) dealt
with making your own AV cables, so there may be some snippets of info
you could glean from that. I'd recommend going optical from your PC to
receiver. Your receiver manual will likely give you the suitable
electronic specs of speakers which can be attached.

Nick