[mythtv-users] audio static buildup

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 08:47:39 UTC 2005

On 13/08/05, Paul McKellar <socialmoth.blog at gmail.com> wrote:
> i have audio static when i'm playing back recorded tv.  avis copied to
> the computer play back with no static so the speakers seem ok.

{cut}

> the static seems to build up.  like if i pause, jump back to console,
> mess with alsamixer. jump back to video the static is gone for a
> couple seconds then becomes more and more noticeable.  it doesn't
> really matter what i do with alsamixer, just a paused video will
> diminish the static for a while.
>
> any ideas?

I not able to help, but I have exactly the same problems but with live
tv - after switching channels a few times static is so lound and
distort sound so much that I have no choice but to stop live tv.
Turning it back on solves the problem.
Some of the recordings show exactly the same problem.

regards
pshemko